Friday, August 26, 2016

So, it's been awhile.

You know, life and all that.  Since posting last, many things have happened:

I've had a brutal college semester learning web design
Been to Hawaii

Gotten engaged


Taken in two amazing pets (a rat and a bulldog) 
 
Otis 

 
Fred

And played numerous games of my favorite hobbies.

Played a 3-way Malifaux game with some bros - Collodi puppeted up a storm!

I haven't done any traveling for any events, as we're saving up for our wedding (this means decreased model purchases as well, much to my chagrin), but I'm hopeful I'll be able to resume traveling for events after our honeymoon next Christmas.

Lucius - the man with the plan.  The plan is to make all his minions do the work for him.


So, as it stands, my favorite game currently is Malifaux; we've been playing the crap out of it.  I try and play every week, and we've had two local tournaments.  I've been lucky enough to be able to take away the Big W during both events, beating face with my favorite Lucius crew through various iterations depending on the scheme and strategy generated.  By far the best skirmish game ever; if you're into that kind of game.

I've been trying to get in games of 9th Age as well - such a great system.  I love the mechanics, the fixes to some of the OP aspects of 8th ed Warhammer, and the re-balancing of army books.  The magic system (a perennial issue with Warhammer) has been pretty much fixed - it's a powerful phase of the game but it's probably not going to dominate the enemy army.

I've played quite a bit of 40k as well, and a similar amount of 30k.  I pretty much only play 40k at tournaments anymore.  I'd like to get back into playing casually, but I don't really have time to do that and play other games.  Too many options for what to play!

Well, I'll be checking in against soon; I'm still waiting for my Deathwatch stuff to get into the local shop; but once I get my book in I'd like to do a review post of that book.  I'll also be doing a review of the new Malifaux book (I got my name in the play-testing credits!) as well.

Thanks for reading!

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment