Monday, May 4, 2015

Modeling Madness! 5/4/15

This weekend was a busy one - finishing up finals, and then spending some time with the girlfriend (as the last couple weekends have been 40k tournaments).  I did manage to do some fun stuff :



I played Assassin Execution Force game - it was quite fun.  My favorite for quite some time has been the Culexus Assassin, which I got to play in two games.  The first game, he took down the Chaos Sorcerer all by himself, and then the second game got tied up by some cultists.  Super fun little game though, had a great time.

I was also able to get some much needed modeling done, though I feel like I should preface this: I freaking hate building model.  Characters, or one off models are just fine.  Building tons and tons of units I really have issues with.  I feel like this stems from having built about every single army that GW does around twice (or more!) in the last 10-15 years.

So, back to the progress; I was able to put together and primer/first coat thirteen Wild Riders - I have had the other five that go in my Quake City Rumble list built, but I need to base and prime them as well.


I apologize for the poor pictures - I promise I'll get some better ones once I make some more progress on these guys.  I'm painting the army in a sort of dry, snowless winter theme; sort of like the winter that we so recently experienced up here in Alaska.  Main colors will be pale yellow/tan, brown, some bright turquoise accents.  I'm actually looking forward to getting this painted - I really like the new Wood Elf models, and I'm eager to try out some new basing techniques involving some birch seeds for leaf litter (which I can just pick up off the ground up here in Alaska), and some great tufts that I ordered from Gamer Grass in Portugal.

For those that are wondering, here is the list of models that I need to get done for QCR at the end of July:

Spellweaver - built, not yet converted
Glade Captain - not converted; have some ideas
Treeman Ancient - built
47 Archers - 31 built, 15 primed black.  Need to knock off some of the basing bits used on some (2nd hand)
18 Eternal Guard - 10 built.  Converted to only have one spearhead.
18 Wild Riders - 18 built, 13 primed/first coat
10 Wardancers - built - though they're metal and don't really need this.
2 Eagles - built and painted.  Done (from my High Elf army), though I might re-base them.

My plans for later this week are to knock out building more wood elves (this upcoming week), since I don't have to worry about class this summer, and hopefully, working on some Eldar Jetbikes that I picked up (no worries, only seven boxes).  I'm having a couple of the guys over tomorrow to do some group modeling and painting, so look forward to some additional updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment